Beauty Basics - Eight Tips For Naturally Beautiful Hair
Looking for a more natural approach to hair care? Here are some tips to help your hair look and feel its best.
1. Avoid shampoos that contain sodium laurel sulfate, or sodium laureth sulfate. These chemicals are synthetic detergents that are used in dishwashing liquid and other cleansers. They are valued because they lather well, but they are very harsh, and can dry out your hair. Instead, look for shampoos made with decyl glucose, or decyl glucoside, which are much gentler.
2. Give yourself a hot oil treatment to deep condition your hair. Warm oil penetrates the hair shaft making the hair more flexible and giving it shine. This can also help to prevent split ends which result from dry hair.
3. Eat right and consider taking vitamin and mineral supplements to encourage healthy hair. Several vitamins and minerals have been shown to help hair growth and condition including biotin, vitamin E, vitamin B, vitamin C and MSM.
4. If you are an African American, or if you have extra curly hair, avoid brushing your hair. Use a wide toothed comb, or your fingers to work with your hair. Brushes can destroy African American or extra curly hair by shearing it out of the scalp.
5. Look for essential oils, herbs and vegetable oils in your hair care products. Essential oils such as rosemary, ylang-ylang and west indian bay help to stimulate hair growth. Lavender and tea tree and naturally antiseptic and help to fight dandruff. Vegetable oils such as soybean oil, safflower oil and corn oil are moisturizing and conditioning to the hair shaft.
6. Avoid sleeping in hair accessories such as barrettes, scrunchies, head bands, etc. This can lead to hair damage.
7. Massage your scalp to help stimulate hair growth. Massaging helps stimulate hair growth by increasing the blood flow to the scalp. This nourishes the hair roots and helps to stimulate the hair growth process.
8. If your hair ends are damaged, give yourself a trim every so often to remove damage.
Ololade Franklin publishes Making Good Scents(TM), a newsletter for people who make their own bath and body care products. For information about Making Good Scents(TM) visit http://www.MakingGoodScents.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Cosmetic Chin Surgery - The Final Facial Touch
When either cosmetic or plastic surgery are mentioned to us, our thoughts run immediately to breast implants or liposuction, but there are many other procedures available that although they might not receive the same attention of their more obvious counterparts can have a huge impact upon both the appearance and the self confidence of a patient. One of these unsung heroes is cosmetic chin surgery, which can exert a profound effect that belies the ease with which it can be performed.
Tanning Bed Tips -- Enhancing Your Tanning Experience!
If you are reading this, you have probably experienced the joys of the tanning bed and are now looking for tanning bed tips to enhance the pleasure of donning the tanned look. With several different opinions flying around, we thought it best to house some of the best proven tanning bed tips at a single point to facilitate your endeavor.
Tanning Salon Equipment
Tanning salons continue to be extremely popular in all areas of the country, during all seasons. Both men and women alike frequently purchase tanning services at their favorite tanning salon.
Benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid Creams
Alpha Lipoic Acid (or ALA) has received a great deal of attention recently as more and more individuals are learning about its numerous benefits. Although Alpha Lipoic Acid comes in various forms, creams are often the most easy and effective way of applying ALA.
Flawless Makeup: Are You Using the Right Tools?
Like organizing our closets we must from time to time clean out our makeup cabinets and make sure what we have is still working for us. If you want flawless makeup and professional looking results you must use the correct makeup tools.
Dental Implants in New York
With many well-known specialists living and working in the area, seeking dental implants in New York can be a relatively painless process.The process of inserting a dental implant not only will eliminate the problem of tooth loss or decay, but it can also restore that beautiful smile you longed for, giving you back the confidence you might missed.
Lanolin for Dummies - Benefits of Lanolin
Lanolin n.Fatty substance obtained from wool.
Dont Let Your Kanji Tattoo Get Lost In Translation
Thinking of getting a kanji tattoo or kanji jewelry? Then arm yourself with this information before you buy anything. It may be the difference between being cool and national humiliation.
Waxing Pain -- Tips for Withstanding Waxing Discomfort
First, the bad news: waxing hurts. Think of it as having a large Band-Aid ripped off.
You're a mom and you're still thinking about being 'fashionable'? That's the kind of response I got from someone I went shopping with. All I did was go shopping with this mom and when we passed a fashion outlet selling fashionable clothing and apparel, I commented that I wanted to get that frilly pink top with splashes of lime green that is flying off the shelves with a 70% discount tag!Is it wrong to be a mom and still want to be fashionable? In my personal opinion, there's absolutely NOTHING WRONG with wanting to be a fashionable mom! Being mom doesn't mean that we have to give up our rights to being fashionable, beautiful and healthy.
The Attraction of Pigtails
Very young girls wear their hair in pigtails because their mommies do their hair for them. Of course, this is because the hairstyle is easy and moms just want their little girls to look cute.
Hair Styles - How To Get The Most Flattering Hair Style
Do you ever wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and just want to crawl back in bed because of the way your hair looks? We all have bad hair days, but if your bad hair days are turning into bad hair weeks or months, then you might need some help.Many people look to celebrities to find a new hair style---spending tons of money on all kinds of magazines only to frantically tear thru the pages in search of the perfect hair style.
Beauty SleepThe health and beauty of a good night's sleep by Cathy GatsonSleeping is a necessity, not a luxury. A good night's sleep is just as crucial to maintaining wellness as is a healthy diet and proper exercise.
What Causes Aging?
Although we experience the aging process as a progressive physical deterioration of our bodies, the aging process, according to some preliminary case studies appears to be more easily understood at another level of our being.This is what is called the energy bio-field level.
Gray Hair Shampoo: The Best Treatment for Your Hair
Just because you have Gray hair doesn't mean you should use any old shampoo. When your hair goes Gray it's a sign that it needs special treatment as the vital nutrients that produce the pigment for your hair color are now no longer as healthy as they use to be.
Beauty Doesn't Have To Be Expensive
Where do you buy your beauty supplies? If you buy them from a department store- you are paying way too much! I was a department store buyer for many years. I was hooked on a particular brand, and I thought that the products were only available at the department store.
Dry Skin Prevention Tips
If you suffer from dry skin your probably always looking for different ways to help improve your condition. There are some different products that can help keep it under control, many of witch don't help that well.
What The Heck Are Crowns, Veneers and Implants Anyway?
Dentistry has become a hot topic, as writers across the media spectrum are reaching into our mouths for story ideas. Apparently, the making of a beautiful smile makes good copy.
Create A Home Spa
Here are 10 personal little home spa tips that will make you look and feel like a million bucks!Squeeze in a few extra minutes to your every day self care time and you'll see how easily these step by step pampering recommendations will turn even the toughest days around. Or if you can negotiate a few minutes here and there from your day to get even more time?by all means? do it! Your family, friends and co-workers will meet a much happier, more chipper, fantastically refreshed you!In Preparation:First things, first.
Drop The High Street Drag - Shop For Style Online!
Surely it's considered a major fashion faux pas - turning up somewhere in the same outfit as someone else. If the current crop of high street shops are anything to go by, however, you'd be forgiven for thinking that clothing conformity is something we're all striving towards.
|home | site map|