10 Important Sunless Tanning Safety Tips
If you are a sunless tanner, your skin's health is very important to you. Here are some tips for you to review at your leisure and share with your friends and family. After you have read them, return once in awhile for a refresher so that you will keep safety foremost and always in your sunless tanning program.
1. Shaving - Avoid shaving right before applying sunless tanning products to avoid irritation.
2. Lighten up - For areas you want to protect from getting too dark, pre-apply baby oil, gel or lotion to places like your knees and elbows, then use sunless tanner.
3. Streaking - Getting wet too soon after applying sunless tanning products could result in streaks. So wait after applications, at least two hours or so, before swimming, showering or bathing.
4. Orange -To avoid orange hands when applying products, cheap, disposable gloves from a dime or wholesale store are great to use. Regardless of glove wearing, thoroughly wash hands and fingernails after application.
5. Expunge - Eliminate dead skin via washing or exfoliating before applying sunless tanning products.
6. Special Areas - When using self-tanning products with your knees, feet, hands and elbows, either dilute first with a moisturizing lotion or use very small amounts when gently rubbing in. Rubbing with a make-up sponge applicator works well for these areas, too.
7. How-to-Apply - To apply sunless tanning products, begin working on a small area. Gently, in an even manner, rub in the product generously. Reach out to other areas in a swirling, but still gentle and even rub, rather than going in an up-and-down direction. To reach your back, try using a sponge paint roller or sponge paintbrush; a little goes a long way, so slow and steady does it.
8. Fabric Stains - Be careful when using sunless tanning agents that list padimate O, lisadimate, aminobenzoic acid or roxadimate in the ingredients. These may cause discoloration, staining fabrics a yellowish hue.
9. Inside / Outside - Remember that when you use sunless or self- tanning products, if they list no sunscreen in their ingredients, you will not be protected from harmful UV rays. And even if you are using a sunscreen, it does not last or work beyond a few hours. So take caution running in and out, and be prepared. Either carry along more sunscreen product to reapply or wear, and carry or take protective clothing and gear.
10. Eyewear - For those enjoying a lot of outdoor weather, check into investing in good protective eyewear. Read labels for 100% UV protection. Check with a pharmacist or healthcare provider for help selecting appropriate levels for children and yourself.
By carefully considering these sunless tanning tips, you can help ensure you safely keep that wonderful glow all year long and enjoy the sizzle without the sun!
James B. Allen is the publisher of Power Living Press. He invites you to come learn more about living a healthier, wealthier, more beautiful and more powerful life TODAY by visiting:
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
A Juneteenth Dinner Party That Celebrates the Recipes of Freda DeKnight and Edna Lewis - Bon Appetit
Eyeglasses and Contact Lenses - More Style, Same Utility
At one time, promotions on television advertised a new, sexier you if you elected to lose the glasses and pop in a pair of contact lenses. This image has always been demonstrated in Superman comics, television programs and movies.
Gray Hair Shampoo: The Best Treatment for Your Hair
Just because you have Gray hair doesn't mean you should use any old shampoo. When your hair goes Gray it's a sign that it needs special treatment as the vital nutrients that produce the pigment for your hair color are now no longer as healthy as they use to be.
Are You Happy With Your Hairdresser and Salon?
How many times in your life do you think you will go to a salon to get your hair cut or styled? Let's see, if you start when you're about 2 years old and go 6 times a year until you're about 70 years old, that turns out to be over 400 visits. Even more impressive is the amount of money (over $12,000 USD for average $30 visits) you will end up spending in your lifetime to cut, style and care for your hair.
Is Your Bad Mood Causing Skin Breakouts?
Your skin tells a lot about you. Someone who looks at your face can often tell if you haven't had enough rest, if you've been slacking on your diet, or if you moisturize regularly.
Unpowered Color Contacts - An Optical Illusion
Gone are the days when contact lenses were the domain of the visually impaired. Unpowered color contacts mean that everyone can participate in the grand optical illusion - special effects contact lenses.
Plastic Surgery Gone Wrong Not Just News
As with just about anything in life, there are many things that can go wrong with plastic surgery. But just as we don't hear news reports about the millions of planes that have taken off and landed safely, there is not the same attention devoted to the many success stories of cosmetic surgeries as there is to plastic surgery gone wrong.
Hyaluronic Acid vs. Collagen - A Growing Debate
The debate continues as to whether Hyaluronic acid or collagen is the best option for facial injections. However, research shows that Hyaluronic acid is rapidly becoming the facial injection of choice.
Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) Information
Abdominoplasty, commonly known as a tummy tuck, is a major surgical procedure for men and women generally in good shape and health but who have large fat deposits around their abdomen or have and excess of loose skin. Abdominoplasty can reduce protruding abdominal fat but it does leave a lengthy, permanent, sometimes visible scar that runs the length of the hipbones.
LipoSelection? by Vaser®
Vaser® LipoSelection? is a revolutionary advance in ultra-sonic liposuction. People with fatty areas of the body, resistant to diet and exercise, can now enjoy a gentle and quick body contouring solution with results that are far more predictable than those of traditional liposuction.
7 Tips to Help You Avoid Buying a Destructive Soap or Cleanser if You Have a Skin Problem
Psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, and any other skin problems are irritated very easily by most soaps. As a former psoriasis sufferer I would estimate I tried at least 30 different soaps hoping that would cure my psoriasis.
Baby Boomers Seek Hold on Youth Through Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
Elkhart-IN -People in the 35-50 age group comprise the largest percentage (40 percent) of individuals who had cosmetic procedures last year, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). In all, more than 8.
Holiday Hair Style: How to Look Perfect in Summer
Keeping your holiday hair style under control isn't just about keeping your expensive up-do from falling down while you're dancing. It's about healthy-looking hair during those wet, hot, and sticky months of summer, whether at home or on vacation.
Deep Vein Thrombosis...an In Flight Risk
DVT?an in flight riskby Cathy Gatson Planning to do some long distance traveling this summer be it train, plane or automobile?here is some important information to pack with you to avoid this trip from being your last leg. WHAT IS IT?DVT or Deep Vein Thrombosis is a blood clot that develops in the deep vein of the leg.
Surgery for the Stars
While plastic surgery might remain for many of us something of a pipe dream, the thing we'd do if we won the lottery, for those in the entertainment industry, it has slowly but surely become akin to an entry pass into Hollywood. While there are still a large percentage of women in the general populace who are quite content to sit around with their girlfriends and talk about what they would have done, there is a certain faction of womankind - though as the pressure to conform to a particular 'look' increases, the male membership of the group increases also - for whom plastic surgery is simply inevitable.
What Diet Your Skin Needs: Find Out!
There is no denying the fact that appropriate diet not only benefits your health, but also your SKIN. A stressful life (inadequate care) and unhealthy eating are two major reasons for poor skin and various skin problems like rashes, dry skin, black circles under your eyes, pimples, acne, pigmentation etc.
Tanning Bed Pillows - A Great Addon to Your Tanning Bed Experience!
Remember the last time you were on a plain vanilla tanning bed trying hard to get a tan and feeling uncomfortable with the posture? Now you can say good bye to those times for tanning bed pillows are here!! With the use of quality tanning bed pillows, every experience will prove to be delightful, prove to be enjoyable and prove to be effective!!The concept of tanning bed pillows as an integral part of tanning bed supplies is a relatively recent phenomenon but which is spreading rapidly, more than matching the meteoric rise of the tanning bed itself. Along with tanning lotions, the tanning bed pillow completes the basic comprehensive set of tanning bed accessories that are needed to ensure productive tanning stints.
Who gets hair extensions? What are hair extensions, methods, etc.? When can you get hair extensions? Where do you get hair extensions? Why would you get hair extensions? And perhaps the biggest question?.
How many times have you looked at yourself in the mirror and wished you could change a minor problem? To look even more beautiful. Here are five helpful & easy ways to achieve beauty secrets.
Are Parabens Really Safe
You've probably heard the news stories about parabens and the controversy surrounding their use in personal care products. Here's a brief, but fair, look at this complicated issue:No cosmetic can ever be truly "natural"-no matter what the manufacturer claims-but some ingredients are closer than others.
Eczema and Psoriasis- Information on the Conditions and the Introduction of All-natural Relief
Eczema can be an acute or chronic inflammatory skin condition with scales, papules, crusts, pustules, and/or scabs. There may or may not be a watery discharge.
|home | site map|