Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) Who Do They Benefit?
IN WHICH CASES ARE AHA RECOMMENDED?
* Hyperkeratinization (increased accumulation of keratin and cell) extreme cases of hyperkeratinization such as Seborrheic dermatitis (Seborrhea skin conditions which is excess flaking, itching, scaling and redness afflicting either scalp or face due to an increase of the rate of production of skin cells which buildup on the skin.
* Hyperpigmentation (brown spots, discoloration), dry sun damaged skins
* Xerosis (so-called "dry", rough, uneven skin, calloused skin)
* Wrinkles and fine lines
* Comedonal, Whiteheads and blemished skins
* Keratosis pilaris (are numerous tiny rough spots sometimes red and itchy usually on the arms but may appear on the thighs, hands, eyebrows, cheeks or any other part of the body caused by accumulation of old skin cells, this occurs mostly in the winter months when skin is more prone to drynes and low humidity or after the summer months due to sun exposure.....(causing calloused skin)
WHAT ARE THE MAIN EFFECTS OF AHA ON THE SKIN?
* Refine the corneal layer by exfoliating accumulation of dead skin cells
* Accelerate cellular renewal
* Moisturize by stimulating the skin to produce hyaluronic acid, known for it's highly
moisturizing effect on the skin but to be effective the concentration should be 2% and up! * Reduce brown spots
* Even out and Brighten the complexion
* Make wrinkles less visible
* Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) are naturally occurring acids, derived from the sugars.. Some examples are
Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Lactic Acid (Milk), Tartaric Acid (Grapes), Citric Acid (Citrus Fruits), Malic Acid (Apples), and Mandelic Acid (Bitter Almonds).
* These acids work at the very base of the stratum corneum, dissolving the cement that holds dead skin cells together to remove dead cells from the skin, removal of this external barrier enables easier, deeper penetration of other skin treatments as well clears oiliness and impurities, increases skin hydration due to the natural moisturizing properties of AHAs and rejuvenates the skin.This increases cell turnover and influences the structure of new stratum corneum being made. AHA has the potential to help bleach unwanted skin discoloration. This results in skin that is more flexible,even in color, more smooth, and more moisturized, making fine lines less visible while delaying the aging process. Finally, they not only stimulate collagen production, but help plump up collagen and elastin fibers within the skin. It is the basis of many acne therapy and skin rejuvenation!
* Excellent exfoliating product!!!! For all skin types except reactive/sensitive skins and any age (teenagers to seniors)! IF YOUR SKIN IS TOO SENSITIVE FOR AHA YOU WILL KNOW CAUSE IT WILL FEEL IRRITATED AND RED.
* An effective concentration should contain at least 7-8% alpha hydroxy acid with a pH between 2.5 and 4.0. A pH of up to 4.5 is acceptable on products with high concentrations of 20-25%. Products for use at home should never contain over 10 % alpha hydroxy acid, anything over 10-15% a doctor's or professional supervision is required. Alpha hydroxy acids do not thin the skin if used correctly!
* Remember one should always wear a sunscreen if one is using alpha hydroxy acids products and going in the sun (which is not recommended because of possible sensitivities, this also includes the cold and wind, the reason why I recommend to use AHA creams at night to prevent any possible reaction/sensitivities to any harsh environment ) In the summer one should always use suncblock if they will be outside!
* For some it is best at the beginning to use the aha cream every second night and work up gradually to every night. Or you may wish to use the product every other night throughout the treatment and alternate with another cream if your skin feels sensitive...
* While using AHA creams it is normal to have some flaking occuring this is just the dead skin cells being shed off! Also during the first few weeks some people may experience some breakouts that is normal too due to the product eliminating impurities from the pores and a sensation of warmth and light tingling may occur!!!
If you wish you can apply a moisturizer (optional) on top of the AHA over dry areas or use it alone! Also the need to exfoliate the skin once a week is not necessary when using aha products!
Our 50 Best Recipes of 2019 The New York Times
Take your butternut squash appreciation above and beyond roasting with these 7 recipes - The Washington Post
Take your butternut squash appreciation above and beyond roasting with these 7 recipes The Washington Post
Recipes from the American Frontier Cowboys and Indians
Make fennel your new best frond in these 8 fresh recipes The Washington Post
How the ‘Babe Ruth of Cookies’ Brought Us a Dozen Dazzling Holiday Recipes The New York Times
Our 50 Most Popular Recipes of 2019 The New York Times
The Recipes We Need Most This Time of Year Bon Appetit
10 Vegan Jerk Recipes Inspired by Jamaican Cuisine! One Green Planet
They're here! The 15 winning cookie recipes from the 2019 Dallas Morning News Holiday Cookie Contest - The Dallas Morning News
They're here! The 15 winning cookie recipes from the 2019 Dallas Morning News Holiday Cookie Contest The Dallas Morning News
‘Recipes for Refuge’: This new cookbook by Seattle immigrants will help benefit future immigrants - Seattle Times
‘Recipes for Refuge’: This new cookbook by Seattle immigrants will help benefit future immigrants Seattle Times
15 Comforting Asian Flavored Veggie Soup Recipes! One Green Planet
This roasted feta with grapes and olives is a salty, tangy powerhouse of an appetizer — with zero effort - SF Gate
This roasted feta with grapes and olives is a salty, tangy powerhouse of an appetizer — with zero effort SF Gate
Braised meats, saucy dinners, comforting soups and more of our favorite Dutch oven recipes - The Washington Post
Braised meats, saucy dinners, comforting soups and more of our favorite Dutch oven recipes The Washington Post
3 delicious new holiday cookie recipes you’ll make every year The Mercury News
Christmas breakfast: Tom Hunt's recipe for kedgeree The Guardian
Healthy Vegan Breakfast Recipes and Ideas Shape Magazine
Who has time to decorate fancy cookies? Here are some easy (but delicious) recipes for your Christmas baking. - The Denver Post
Who has time to decorate fancy cookies? Here are some easy (but delicious) recipes for your Christmas baking. The Denver Post
6 Cookie Swap–Winning Recipes Bon Appetit
The Best Leftovers Recipes The New York Times
Our Best Recipes for Thanksgiving Leftovers The New York Times
Maple Pecan Caramel Corn Recipe The New York Times
Recipes: Three curry dishes easy enough for workweek dinners The Boston Globe
12 Stunning Cookies That Will Impress Everyone You Know The New York Times
Our Best Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes The New York Times
Our Best Thanksgiving Recipes: Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Pumpkin Pie and More The New York Times
Fish sauce is the savory, funky MVP in these 10 recipes The Washington Post
Recipes: Three classic Thanksgiving side dishes made easier The Boston Globe
The 10 Most Popular Recipes in November 2019 Bon Appetit
Recipe: Break in your new Instant Pot with this buffalo chicken chili Bring Me The News
Earl Grey Madeleines Recipe The New York Times
Recipe: Whiskey Gingers cookie, first place in Star Tribune Holiday Cookie Contest - Minneapolis Star Tribune
Recipe: Whiskey Gingers cookie, first place in Star Tribune Holiday Cookie Contest Minneapolis Star Tribune
Help us plan Christmas dinner: Share your favorite holiday recipes with FOX 8 - WJW FOX 8 News Cleveland
Help us plan Christmas dinner: Share your favorite holiday recipes with FOX 8 WJW FOX 8 News Cleveland
Recipes are now in the cloud, not on cards. What have we lost? The Boston Globe
An alternative Christmas dinner: Anna Jones' recipe for squash, winter herb and popped butterbean pie - The Guardian
An alternative Christmas dinner: Anna Jones' recipe for squash, winter herb and popped butterbean pie The Guardian
Color-Field Cookies Recipe The New York Times
This Beef Brisket Recipe from Alison Roman Bon Appetit
Peanut Shortbread With Honeycomb Recipe The New York Times
Recipe: Pineapple Dream Alabama NewsCenter
10 Easy Plant-Based Recipes Under Ten Ingredients From November 2019 One Green Planet
17 Indulgent Gluten-Free Recipes for Christmas Yahoo Lifestyle
Our Best Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes The New York Times
Brown Sugar-Anise Cookies Recipe The New York Times
Naturally colorful glazes add a bold look to any homemade — or store-bought — cookie - The Washington Post
Naturally colorful glazes add a bold look to any homemade — or store-bought — cookie The Washington Post
Our Top 10 Gluten-Free Plant-Based Recipes From November 2019! One Green Planet
Three Pizza Recipes and the Perfect Wines to Pair Wine Enthusiast Magazine Online
Mujadara Recipe Bon Appetit
15 Plant-Based Recipes With Complete Proteins One Green Planet
Christmas cookie recipe: Airy Fairy Pumpkin Clouds Green Bay Press Gazette
One of the Best Whiskeys of the Year Brings a Legendary Whiskey Recipe to the Masses - gearpatrol.com
Blood Orange Poppy Seed Window Cookies Recipe The New York Times
Recipes: 5 classic holiday treats made simple The Boston Globe
20 High-Protein Recipes That Are Quick and Easy Shape Magazine
Yuengling, Mrs. T’s Unveil Lager Battered Pierogie Recipe WNEP Scranton/Wilkes-Barre
Bulgogi-Style Eggplant Bon Appetit
Recipe: Crock-pot Italian beef sandwiches FOX 10 News Phoenix
Warm up with some hot new recipes from Montreal Canadian Jewish News
Miso Party Mix Bon Appetit
A Look At Tooth Whiteners
All we see on television in the movies is bright white smiles. With the release of several over the counter teeth whitening products over the past few years, it can be hard to know which one is going to give you the Hollywood smile that you dream about.
Teeth Whitening: Frequently Asked Questions
OverviewTeeth whitening is one of the easiest ways to improve your appearance. Whiter teeth can boost your self-esteem and confidence.
The Fountain of Youth
The fountain of youth has always been the most sought-after yet illusive pursuit of man. Does it truly exist? Yes, it does, but not in a tangible form.
Take Your Children For a Spray Tan!
Have you ever tried to get your teenage son or daughter to stop sun tanning, only to realize after several months/years, that you will not win with peer pressure?The look of a suntanned body is "in" more than ever, and the tanning industry is one of the fastest growing beauty sectors. Do we have to see our children sacrifice their health for sake of fashion?Not necessarily.
Tanning Bed Tips -- Enhancing Your Tanning Experience!
If you are reading this, you have probably experienced the joys of the tanning bed and are now looking for tanning bed tips to enhance the pleasure of donning the tanned look. With several different opinions flying around, we thought it best to house some of the best proven tanning bed tips at a single point to facilitate your endeavor.
7 Essential Beauty Tips
BeautyBeauty is defined as the phenomenon of the experience of pleasure, through the perception of balance and proportion of stimulus. It involves the cognition of a balanced form and structure that elicits attraction and appeal towards a host, creature, inanimate object, scene, music, idea, etc.
Safety With Essential Oils
Essential oils are highly fragrant, volatile oils that are extracted from the flowers, leaves and other parts of plants. Essential oils generally go by the name of the plant from which they were extracted.
A Guide to Hair Salon Equipment
Hair salons require many different types of equipment to ensure the business is run efficiently. Because many different items are required, it is not necessary that each piece of salon equipment be new.
What is Your Hair Type?
Everyday you see people with all color and style of hair. But did you know that you have a hair type? Yes! Not all hair has been created the same.
Professional Tips For An Instant Makeover
If you want to improve and enhance your appearance but don't want to wait till you lose weight, go through and recover from plastic surgery, or have enough money to buy a complete new wardrobe then try these five simple quick techniques that are used by the top professionals in the beauty and image industries to perform amazing makeovers.1.
What is the Real Price of a Spray Tan?
Looking tanned is such a great feeling, isn't it?There are three methods of getting that feeling.1.
Home Tanning Beds Are A Great Investment
If you're like many of us and just have to have that suntan whether it's August or January then you should seriously think about buying a home tanning bed. Home tanning beds are a great investment.
What are Fusion Hair Extensions?
Hair extensions can be attached to your head in many different ways, including gluing, tubing, sewing, and clipping on. Different methods have different advantages.
Soft Hair And Skin Au Naturelle
Just picture this, your walking down the beach front, its a warm sunny day, a light breeze in from the sea is gently blowing through your hair gives it more waves than the ocean. People look at you, men admire your hair and the women are jealous, some ask how come your hair is so soft and shiny.
Tanses Tanning Equipment
Tanses tanning equipment is well known in its field. Tanses tanning equipment has developed a very good reputation.
The Skin Care Benefits of Azulene
Azulene is a constituent of the volatile oil obtained by steam distillation from Chamomile, Anthemis nobilis (Roman Chamomile), Achillea millefolium (Yarrow), or Tanacetum anuum (Blue tansy), and it is distinguished by it's spectacular blue colour. Azulenes are unsaturated blue hydrocarbons, isomers of naphthalene.
Radio Frequency Energy Fans Thermacool
I guess you wouldn't think that radio frequency energy would be making waves in the beauty industry? But, it is. A device that uses RFE is being used in the Thermalcool procedure.
Waxing Pain -- Tips for Withstanding Waxing Discomfort
First, the bad news: waxing hurts. Think of it as having a large Band-Aid ripped off.
Help Prevent Wrinkles Through Dieting
How many times has your mother told you, you are what you eat? As you probably know, Mom knows best. So it's no surprise that what we feed our bodies does affect what the final product is.
Tips For A Glowing Skin
Do you know how and where to moisturize? Here are some helpful hints?MOISTURISING our skin is essential to maintain that 'young, beautiful' look. On another note, is it necessary to moisturize all areas of your skin? The answer is NO.
|home | site map|