Beauty Tip: Foundation Secrets For A Flawless Complexion
1. For a natural look your foundation must match your skin tone. Test foundations along your jawline. You will know the best color because it will disappear into your skin.
2. Spread foundation on your hands and pat it on your face, then smooth out with a sponge making sure not to pull or stretch the skin. Be extra careful in the area around your eyes where the skin is super thin. Don't forget to apply foundation on your eyelids and lips.
3. To make foundation last apply moisturizer first giving the foundation a base. Dry skin will soak up the foundation if not given that base. For oily skin use an oil-free moisturizer and powder foundation
4. On hot days foundation can be difficult to keep looking fresh. Set your foundation in the morning using a loose powder and puff, then do regular touch ups throughout the day.
5. To cover imperfections apply foundation first and then go back and dot on a concealer that neutralizes red. For noticeable imperfections like very dark circles and birthmarks use a yellow concealer (available from Mary Kay). Don't use too much powder in problem areas because it will draw attention to it.
6. To avoid a foundation line around the jaw apply foundation as usual then use a little moisturizer in your hand and blend it down your neck.
7. For evening mix some shimmer powder with your powder and put it where you want to attract light such as the bridge of the nose, underneath the brow bone, the temples, cheekbone, chin and shoulders.
8. Always use a foundation with a sunscreen of at least 15 to prevent future sun damage.
9. Change your foundation shade if the color of your skin changes.
10. After you apply foundation go near a window to make sure it looks natural. Natural light is the ultimate test.
Copyright 2004 Sheila Dicks
Sheila Dicks is a wardrobe and image consultant who teaches women how to look slimmer by dressing to suit their body type. Visit her at http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com to download a copy of her e-book Image Makeovers and get How to Build a Wardrobe free.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
'GMA' Christmas cookie showdown: Viewers' favorite holiday cookie recipes from across the US - ABC News
Teeth Whitening: Frequently Asked Questions
OverviewTeeth whitening is one of the easiest ways to improve your appearance. Whiter teeth can boost your self-esteem and confidence.
Hair Extensions - the Truth About Instant Long Hair
Hair extensions - a few hours in the salon and you have long hair that looks like a dream. But is there a downside? Professionally made hair extensions can completely transform your appearance without affecting the health of your hair, but if they are done wrongly extensions can seriously damage your hair.
Facts about Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry has become more popular in the recently years with the improvements in dental techniques and materials. Many people have taken advantage of cosmetic dentistry to "enhance their smile".
Deep Skin Moisturizing
When it comes to skin care, moisturizing is usually one of the more popular, and though it's hard to believe, more controversial topics. Some experts swear by moisturizing as the best way to keep your skin youthful and healthy while others feel a bit more suspicious of its benefits.
The Benefits of Shea Healing Butter
Shea HEALING butter is a high performance lotion, and cream that enrich your skin with the added benefit of HEALING. It is a natural alternative to skin care products designed to moisturize, protect, revitalize and refreash your body from head to toe.
Color Contact Lenses for Light Eyes - What Works Best?
You may ask why a person with naturally blue or green eyes would want to wear color contact lenses? One reason is to make the natural color look brighter and more defined. Another reason is to change the hue just a bit - ad a touch of emerald to naturally blue eyes, for instance, and you will get a beautiful aquamarine.
Tanning Bed Tips -- Enhancing Your Tanning Experience!
If you are reading this, you have probably experienced the joys of the tanning bed and are now looking for tanning bed tips to enhance the pleasure of donning the tanned look. With several different opinions flying around, we thought it best to house some of the best proven tanning bed tips at a single point to facilitate your endeavor.
Sunless Tanning Booth
As we begin to fully understand the serious consequences of sun tanning, we are looking for alternatives and that's why a visit it a sunless tanning booth has become so popular. There are no tanning bed risks and no tanning bed burns to worry about.
Sun Damage: A Major Cause of Wrinkling and Premature Aging
Most of us love the warmth of the sun, but over exposure can cause significant damage to our skin. The sun's ultraviolet rays (UV) can cause our skin to dry out and lose essential oils and decades of tanning, burning and over exposure to the sun may cause changes in our skin's structure.
Tummy Tuck - Cosmetic Surgery Procedure
A tummy tuck cosmetic surgery procedure will take about two to five hours, depending on the nature of the job. If you are only receiving a partial abdominoplasty it will probably only take between one to two hours.
Nice lips are every woman's wish but as we get older some things grow and some things shrink, and never in the order we wish. Your lips are going to get smaller and thinner.
Help Prevent Wrinkles Through Diet
How many times has your mother told you, you are what you eat? As you probably know, Mom knows best. So it's no surprise that what we feed our bodies does affect what the final product is.
Spray Tan Basics
With more and more of us understanding the serious consequences of suntanning, we are looking for alternatives. Remember the first self tanners that hit the shelves many years ago - wella you became instant carrot orange.
Chin Surgery - Cosmetic Surgery Information
The chin is one of the most noticed features of an individual's face because other elements of the face such as the nose, and jaw are lined up with it. Chin surgery (or mentoplasty) procedures are designed to sculpt your chin into a more desired and attractive looking form.
Dead Sea Minerals - Health from the Lowest Point on Earth
A study involving a European occupational therapist suffering from psoriasis who had obtained compensation from her health insurance in order to undergo therapy at the Dead Sea has lead to great interest in health funds in Denmark, Germany and other European Countries. This has resulted in their subsidizing treatment from the Dead Sea for people suffering from both Psoriasis and other skin conditions.
A Look at Nail Salon Equipment
The type of equipment required for a nail salon is different than that of a salon that solely offers hair styling services. This equipment can be just as costly as outfitting a hair salon, depending on the style of the pieces and materials used in manufacturing nail salon equipment.
Should I Lease A Tanning Bed?
You can lease a tanning bed or beds for your salon and it may be the best way to go. There are advantages when you lease a tanning bed or beds.
Cosmetics & Toiletries - Global Outsourcing & Private Label Manufacturing
Hi, My name is Rasik Botadra, am currently working as an Analyst with business news magazine & new papers.I am writing this article in view of India emerging as Highly potential Global Outsourcing & Solutions Provider for finished Consumer products & General Merchandise.
Skin Care, Body Rhythms, and Sleep
Most of us are all too familiar with that "dreaded" internal clock that wakes us at 7:00 AM on the weekend, despite our desire to sleep in. We fail to appreciate that this internal clock is part of a natural body rhythm that can dramatically impact our skin.
Human Hair Extensions Create Beautiful Long Hair Styles Instantly
As you glance across virtually every print medium such as newspapers, magazines and catalogs, there seems to be one thing in common as far as hair cut styles is concerned. The long hair cut style is everywhere.
|home | site map|