|Crafts & Hobbies Information|
Craft Fairs, Bazaars & Flea Markets?Oh, My!
Many names are associated with events such as these. Craft Fairs, Bazaars, Flea Markets and Swap Meets are a few names you can find. Whatever the name?they all mean the same thing. They allow you to meet new and interesting people (hopefully customers), spend quality time with your family and more of course most importantly make some extra cash. But, before you debut your first table at one of these events, getting yourself prepared is the first step. The following is a guideline you can follow to help make sure you're ready.
1. First of course you'll want to find events that are held in your area. This is about the easiest task of all. You're sure to find them everywhere. Check you local newspaper, browse bulletin boards, and watch for fliers.
2. Next, attend a few local events yourself. Take a look around and view things from a customer's point of view. Which tables caught your eye first and why? What sort of products/merchandise is being carried? Most importantly, what's isn't there? Try to visualize how you'd like your table to look.
3. Once you've found the event you'd like to attend, reserve your table. Most events have an event manager. Find out who's in charge and contact them. Pricing will vary from one event to the next. Be sure to find out the average attendance to make sure it's worth the money. Don't forget to ask questions such as the availability of electricity (if needed), the size of your "booth", anything forbidden?
4. Make sure you have enough inventory. Stock up on catalogs, brochures and business cards. Make a list of all the supplies you'll need. Are you going to have samples available? You can find a printable check-list at http://www.mommyshelperonline.com/event-checklist.zip.
5. Decide what types of payments are going to be accepted. Are you only accepting cash? Do you have the ability to accept credit cards? Are you going to take checks? Does your bank accept check from customers out of the area?
6. Make a lead box. Lead boxes can be a great way to gain a mailing list, future or even repeat customers. One thing you can do with you lead box is hold a contest. An easy way to make a lead box is to take an ordinary cardboard box, cover it in decorative contact paper and cut a slit in the top. Print out entry forms with blanks for name, address, phone number and email address. Of course if you offer catalog parties or home parties, be sure to have a place asking if they're interested in holding one.
7. Set up your display at home to get a feel of how it will look at the event. By doing this you can take your time in arranging and re-arranging your display so you'll be ready for the event. The look and feel of your display has a large impact on your sales.
8. Recruit family members. You can make your events more family-friendly by assigning everyone a job. Spouses are great for helping un-loading and loading your merchandise, setting up and tearing down your display. Spouse also come in handy to "watch your table" if you need to step away. Smaller children can help bag/box up products that are sold, hand out business cards and catalogs or even meet and greet customers. Don't forget to bring along some fun things for children incase of the dreaded boredom.
9. Put on a smile. Don't just sit behind your table looking bored. Smile and greet visitors as they walk by or more importantly "stop in". Ask them if they're enjoying the event, how they're doing. Be friendly.
10. Have fun!
About the Author
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Step-By-Step Guide For Creating Collages and Other Unique Picture Frames
So you want to make a collage or perhaps you are interested in creating a unique shadow box to hold your valuable photographs and memorabilia. No problem! Whether you want to create lasting memories using cheap picture frames, discount picture frames or even wholesale picture frames, here are some pointers for creating lasting memories right the first time every time.
Starting outOrigami is an art of paper folding, therefore all you should need is a piece of paper and you can start folding away without any problems, right? Well, almost. You might need a few other things that we will talk about in this chapter.
More Than A Memory- A Legacy
Everyone has that box of pictures either in a close or in a garage. Even worse yet in a magnetic album.
Are You Making Money At Craft Shows?
If you are involved in the crafts business, and are profitable, you are among the rare breed who have successfully combined art with business. If, however, you still have yet to show a profit (or enough profit) after a show, this article may get you going in the right direction.
Sell Hobby Items by Mail
You can, if you are ambitious, start a Mail Order Business selling collectables to hobbiest by mail. To begin, you must first find a hobby that appeals to YOU.
A Look At Cigar Humidors
Cigar humidors are storage units designed to hold, preserve and display a collection of cigars. They come in varying shapes and sizes, and can typically be custom made to suit the tastes of the owner.
Russian Nesting Dolls - The Beginning
According legend, first nested doll prototype appeared in Russia in the late 19th century (believed to be year 1890), it was figurine of bold headed old man, Buddhist sage by the name of Fukuruma, on the island of Honshu, Japan.According Hakone Town Office, Japan, products such as "Shichifukujin" and "Irokawaridaruma" have been created from Junitamago.
Scrapbooking Tips And Tricks For Photos And Images
When you're incorporating pictures of any kind into your scrap book, why not set them off with an unusual finish? This could be an original idea for a border or frame -- or an arrangement of several items on the page to add a little drama. Here are a couple of tips that might do well for a children's album -- perhaps a keepsake baby scrapbook, or just a page for a boy or girl.
Robotic Vacuum Cleaners: Perfect for Cleaning Pool Tables
A friend of mine bought a robotic vaccum cleaner as a gag. It's actually pretty fun to watch it semi randomly roaming around the room.
Origami is a fantastic art form that guarantees hours of fun and enjoyment, not to mention a great way to challenge yourself and build your creativity. However many beginners come across trouble in 2 main areas:1.
History of Kokeshi Wooden Dolls from Japan
Little is known of the early history of Kokeshi Japanese Wooden Dolls. One school of thought believes that Kokeshi dolls have their origins in the practice of spiritualist religion.
Embroidery Basting Frames Use for Stabilizing Designs
Using a basting frame around designs can do a great deal to help prevent fabric puckers around a design, aid in positioning multiple or split designs and it's the best way to trap the fabric and stabilizer at the start! You will need editing software for this, but for best results, resize the frames to fit as close to the design as possible. It's also possible to use a basting frame even if you don?t have embroidery software to combine the frame with a design.
Printing on Canvas
Given the progress in inkjet and media technology, demand for printing photographs and art on canvas is growing exponentially. Whether you have a good inkjet printer or you prefer to have your work done by a professional outfit, it is worth to explore this option for any type of image.
How Could Your Hobby be the Key to Financial Success?
Virtually everyone has the knowledge they need to make a fortune. Everyone has an interest, hobby or has knowledge about a particular subject.
The Unusual Characteristics Of Reverse Painting
By stepping backwards in time one can discover an important part of art history associated with reverse painting on glass.It was an era that heralded the use of this art form 'en masse' during which people in communities could directly express in their own original way what they lived, perceived and felt in their own daily lives.
Scrapbooking Those Memories!
You will find scrapbook supplies for photos and pictures in a craft store or online. Scrapbooks are used to combine photos and pictures to make a picture story album.
Antiques From Europe...Is It Really The Goose That Layed the Golden Egg?
Many dealers and auctioneers have been bringing container loads of antiques from Europe for years now. The lure of getting "fresh to the market" antique furniture and "smalls" is something that can bring renewed excitement back into your antique business.
Organize That Stash!
Do you control your stash or does it control you? I have become the master of my stash. When my husband found out that his sock drawer had become yet another place for cross stitch supplies, it was either get it under control or end up in divorce court.
Embroidery Machine Use by New Owners for Good Results
Many new home embroidery machine owners have to learn on their own with little instructions and thus have to resort to the "trial and error" methods to get satisfactory results. One can certainly learn to embroidery this way but it takes time, money and patience.
How to Make a Simple Gemstone Necklace
With gemstone beads, every bead is precious. Every bead is beautiful.
|home | site map|