|Crafts & Hobbies Information|
Embroidery Stabilizing for Machine Embroidering
Here are some tips to get good results with your embroidery designs sewing.
1. When it's possible, run your outline stitching first, this will help stabilize your fabric even further!
2. I prefer layering solvy while stitching out a design to add dimension. Sometimes the "film" solvy can get a bit heavy using this technique, causing stiffness and can be difficult to remove. We've found a great "web" type that gets the job done with less stiffness and is super easy to remove! The film type soluble is still best for the base layer & I use it for every design I stitch on any fabric that water will not harm.
3. We've all heard the "stabilize, stabilize, ..." To the point that I'm now seeing a lot of you over stabilizing! This creates as many problems as you're trying to eliminate and wasting money. Don't over stabilize, use 1 or 2 layers of the correct stabilizer. Ask us about our commercial backings to get the best possible results for all your embroidery needs!
4. I always start with a commercial fusible backing in the appropriate weight for the fabric or garment I'm stitching on. We have 3 weights of fusibles in both permanent-for dense designs-and tear away. Two of them come in a generous 48" width.
5. If your skin is sensitive, we suggest using our soft tear away backing under a fusible layer for any garments that will lay next to the skin. The soft tear away is - also rated by the US government - for use in children's sleep wear and is formaldehyde free!
6. If you enjoy creating wearable art that's quilted, stippled or uses the trapunto technique, we have a great "fill" backing that won't make your garment look like a down jacket and is dense enough not to pull apart when it's laundered!
Sandy Carter is the author of embroidery articles at embroidery designs by Thread Artist. She has an article about embroidery software for digitizing and lettering fonts at embroidery software. There is free embroidery digitizing Tutorial at this web address - embroidery by Thread Artists Designs
Antiques - The Modern Day Treasure Hunt
In today's world, everything that's old can be described as antiques and generally speaking that's quite true. A product is considered to be an antique if it is over a hundred years old or is rare enough to have some value.
Woodworking Beginners: Secret Tips To Start Right
Woodworking: Where To Start - Tips From Experienced WoodworkersWoodworking encompasses a broad area of skills, specialties, and applications. Some beginners take on too much too soon or blow their savings on expensive woodworking tools and machines that they don't know how to use and might not ever need.
Decorative Metal Work Techniques From The Early 1900s
Today's Metal Craft workers should truly appreciate the artistic skills & techniques used exclusively by the highly skilled metal artisans from almost one hundred years ago.Decorative metalworking is undergoing a new renaissance as more & more people become involved in hobby metal craft.
Beautify Your Stamped Cards with Creative Coloring
Stamping is one of the most versatile crafts around because there are so many different options that you can use to enhance even the most basic stamp. When you look at some colored stamped images, you may be overwhelmed by how beautiful they are.
The Nuts and Bolts of Vintage Tin Toys
Before Game Boy and Play Station, there were tin toys. During their heyday, these whimsical toys amused children for hours.
Amish Furniture for Kids Summer Projects
Summer is coming, and the kids will soon be out of school. Mom's and dad's everywhere will soon here "I am board; I don't have anything to do.
How to Make Quilted Silver Beads
After making the leaf bead, I was impressed with the detail made possible by the metal clay. Therefore, I decided to use the same technique but create a different look.
The Theme and Title of Your New Scrapbook
The theme of your scrapbook can be simple or complex. Your theme could be a special event such as a birthday, a baby shower, a wedding, Christmas, or Halloween.
Many people don't know that you can actually improve the quality of the flame you get from your candles. Some people think that if a flame is too large or you are getting excess soot that it is the makers fault.
Robotic Vacuum Cleaners: Perfect for Cleaning Pool Tables
A friend of mine bought a robotic vaccum cleaner as a gag. It's actually pretty fun to watch it semi randomly roaming around the room.
Tips for Attending Gemstone Shows
If you've been to gem shows, you know how overwhelming and daunting they can be. Although it's difficult to narrow down all those tempting options, your jewelry business profit margin will be greater if you plan ahead and focus on shopping for a particular line and color scheme of jewelry.
Creating A Family Tradition-Jigsaw Puzzles
Do you find it difficult to spend time together as a family?There are so many pressures and activities that can take away from the sense of family which was more commonly experienced 50 years ago. Parents often both work, and their commute can be tiring and long.
What is a Battle Ready Sword?
You'd think that the term "battle ready sword" would be pretty much self explanatory wouldn't you?Unfortunately, many of the swords being described as "battle ready" are anything but. And to quote Adrian Ko from Sword Forum International, "a lot of these swords I wouldn't want to take into battle even if they were strapped to a M-16.
How to Make Your Own Soap Favors for Weddings and Baby Showers
Want to make soap as a gift for your party guests? Here are some simple tips for making soap gifts and favors:1. There are literally hundreds of different ingredients that can be used for soap making.
Airbrush for Profit - Sell Your Services to Colleges
Colleges, schools, university and the like are one way you can make money from airbrushing. Why they are a good market is that there are plenty of students to begin with.
Why Do You Need to Have Your Tools Blade Sharpen After Work
If you like to do wood carving or making sculpture as your hobby, you surely need tools to make your creation. If you just starting this hobby, knowing your tools and how to treat your carving tools probably the best way to make everything easier for you, thus make efficient time when doing your work.
Photograph Mosaics and Markers in Your Scrapbooks
An attractive technique for placing photographs into scrapbooks is the photograph mosaic. Mosaics stretch photographs into an artistic rendition of the original photograph.
Basic foldsMost of the designs that you will learn will use a square piece of paper - and most will be done with origami paper, so the directions will show a colored (or gray side to indicate color) and a white side.Also, most patterns will have an arrow that points you in the direction of where the fold should go.
The Use of Color and Photographs in Your New Scrapbook
Color coordination and contrast will highlight and accent your scrapbook. A well thought out color scheme can help define the theme of a page, attract attention to specific items, or detract away from mistakes.
Lighted Holiday Potpourri Jars
Lighted potpourri jars are a festive addition to any holiday decor. They are inexpensive, easy to make, and make great hostess gifts.
|home | site map|